Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Is It Time Yet?

           Let me set the scene for you: It was a hot, very hot, June night, and I was laying in my bunk bed after devotions praying to God to give me patience. It had been a rough couple of days. I had been feeling homesick and living with a dozen other girls just wasn't working for me. Patience is what I desperately needed (whether I wanted it or not). So anyway, there I am laying on the bottom bunk, asking for God to give me the strength and the stamina to push through this difficult time.

{Source}
           Flash ahead six years to the present day: I'm driving home from work the other day, and suddenly this memory comes back to me. Now this seemed odd to me because I hardly ever think about that summer, especially such a small, specific detail. In that moment the words of Morgan Freeman from the movie Evan Almighty pops into my head, "If some one prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient?" And then it all clicked. God has presented me with many (MANY) opportunities to develop patience, and maybe my present season of singleness is just another opportunity for me to grow in this department. “Patience is not the ability to wait but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting" (Joyce Meyer).


How do you find the patience to make it through this season?

7 comments:

  1. hmmm. Great quote. Toughie but a great one.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of those frustrating things where you want to be patient, but you hate to wait.

    *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it! I think I'm finally learning to come to the place where I comfortable in the "waiting room". It's definitly been a long time coming.

      Delete
  3. - Brooke -

    You're in a very, very blessed place in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke where are you hiding? I miss your posts :(

    lol, I hope you are well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy,
      Unfortunatly, the lack of posts is the product of my busy job and non-existent "free time". But don't you worry, once school starts up again in September I'll be back on my A-game.

      Ps- I love reading your posts as well! Hope all is well with you also.

      Delete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...