Friday, June 22, 2012

Letter to My Fellow Single Gals


To My Single Sisters,

          I have so much that I want to say to you, and yet, I find it hard to search for the words to say it to you now. This past year, as I have dove into analyzing my singleness and trying to see it as God sees it, has been nothing shy of enlightening. God has been so faithful to enhancing my learning process, some of which I choose to share with you now.

          I have learned that even though this walk [of singleness] may seem lonely, we are not alone. Not only do we have each other, we have Jesus. He walked the path of singleness before us, and knows EXACTLY what we are going through. Don't you think that when all of Jesus' friend's were at the age where they were all getting married that He felt left out? He felt the same human emotions that we feel today. He gets it! Even if you don't have other single [girl]friends, you can always turn to Him.

          Singleness does not define who you are. Too many times, and I find this especially true at this time in my life, we get defined by our relationship status (or lackthereof). Being single does not make you any less of a person. Being single does not make you any less of a woman. It is simply just a time in life that everyone person goes through at one time or another - some are longer, some are shorter - but rest assured that God is using this time to mold us into the women that He wants us to be.

          We are single, not because of something we've done in the past. We are single, not because we have something that we must change in ourselves first. We are single because this is God's provision for us today. God's got a plan. Singleness may not be in your plan, but it's in God's plan. Take comfort in knowing that God's plan has nothing but the intention of making us prosperous and giving us a blessed future.

          Strive to be a Proverbs 31 woman. I used to think that Proverbs 31 was a lovely little chapter about what a godly, respectable wife looks like. But it's more than that. It's about what it means to be a woman after God's own heart; a woman who strives to serve others and not herself, a woman who is clothed with dignity and integrity; a woman of exemplary character.

          Whether I know you personally or not, I care for you and am praying for you. As sisters in Christ, especially single sisters in Christ, we need to encourage each other, and hold each other accountable to God's design for our lives (including our singleness).

          It is my prayer that your eyes will be opened to God's plan and provision on this season of your life. And remember, it is only a season.

3 comments:

  1. Those are the words that I needed to hear.
    Thank you so much for sharing. God is using you to inspire others, such as myself. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog via pinterest today. As a fellow single girl I am constantly asking God to show me the path he has made to my future guy. I am constantly hard on myself for being single and your words are exactly what I want to hear, that someone out there is right with me. While all of my friends are out there getting married and having kids, I always feel lost and wonder what is wrong with me. Thanks so much for writing you made this girl feel so much better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia for your kind words. We single gals need to stick together! I know how difficult it can be to sit in the waiting room wondering "when's it my turn?"

      I am praying for you.
      Thank you for reading.

      Delete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...