Friday, December 16, 2011

Single Girl Prayer

              I came across this poem on Facebook the other day, and thought I would share it with you. I totally 'get' what this girl is feeling and what she's going through.
 "My Every Day Single Girl Prayer" by Evelyn Worthington

Lord you know my heart, you know every part of me,
Help me to live this life, please fulfill this need.
I have this longing Lord, and you know what I mean,
I'm just praying you'll fill it up, so I can be freed.

Lord, I want your timing, but lately I'm lonely for only you know who.
That longing, that desire, that missing someone, who knows? Only you!

So Lord, I pray he's out there, help me be patient and strong,
Help me to not struggle with this, and help me not to long,
Teach him what he needs to know, help me, Lord, depend on thee.
Help me not to be conceited, and not to depend on me.

Help me to be wise and lead me in your ways.
Help me to trust in only you and follow you all my days.
Somedays are harder than others, but today I feel so alone.
Help me to find my strength in you, and in you to find my home.

If he's not out there, then Lord, my prayer's the same.
Lead me, guide me, help me to feel your love, and trust in Jesus' name.
God I come to you as your child, lead me, make me like you.
Teach me your holy ways O Lord and make me wholly devoted to you.

           WOW! Her words are so honest. I feel the pain she has in her loneliness and her struggle in finding contentment. How does this poem relate to your feelings?
 

1 comment:

  1. It's so reassuring hearing that I'm not the only one who feels this way...Sometimes I don't get how I can feel so lonely with so many amazing people in my life.
    Thanks for sharing with us Brooke :) You, along with all single girls feeling this way are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...