Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Finding Contentment

You know that gut feeling like you should do something, but you really don’t want to? That’s kind of how I feel. It’s this idea that I should feel content with the ‘single position’ that God has placed me in, but I can’t help but feel like something’s missing in my life.

Every night I ask God to make me content with whatever His will may b for my life – whether it may be to remain single or enter into a relationship in the future. Sometimes I can’t fathom why God would allow me to have such strong desires for a relationship and a family, and yet that it may not be His will for me. But, on the other hand, God is the one that supplies with all of our desires (Psalm 37:4) if we choose to follow Him. I think I’m just terribly confused. It’s one of those things that I wish I knew what was in store for me ahead of time – I’m one of those people who don’t like surprises.

I know that God has big plans for me (not matter what my relationship status may be), and it is my prayer that He uses my current situation to help in the furtherance of His kingdom.

P.S.-  I was playing around with my blog this week. Hope you like the changes.

 

1 comment:

  1. Brooke, you blog is so refreshing to read, i look forward to it! it is nice to see you striving for Gods best for you, even when it doesn't make sense right now.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...