Thursday, December 01, 2011

Why in the World am I Sharing this?

I’ve been going back and forth with this whole “blog” idea for a while now. This is a HUGE leap of faith and a enormous step out of my comfort zone. I am fascinated by singleness, not only because I speak from personal experience, but the entire concept of it, especially in our couple-saturated society, it's a crazy adventure.

My main reason for writing this blog is to bring forth the “unheard” views of a single woman. In our society women who are not in a relationship are seen as though they are lacking something in their lives and are unfulfilled. Yeah right! I can admit that while I have my “pity party” days, most of the time, I’m pretty content with being single. Being single does not make you a "half-person".

Phil. 4:11 - "I have learned in whatsoever state I am, to be content." Paul seemed to have gotten it down - to live life to his fullest, regardless of his circumstances. It is my prayer, that I will one day, be able to do the same.

I don’t want this blog to come off as desperate, needy or incapable of being alone (typical single woman stereotype? I think so!). But instead I yearn for it to be an encouragement to my fellow single women out there. Hopefully it comes across in such a way, and it is a blessing to both of us.

2 comments:

  1. These are amazing to read, Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome...way to go, and welcome to the blogging world! I am honoured to see I'm on your blog list...thanks! I totally hear you on the whole singleness thing...and I'm even older than you (and your sister)...so looking forward to hearing more of your musings! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...