Thursday, October 11, 2012

'MRS' degree

            So, here I am in my fourth year at a Christian university. It should be a time of busyness, anticipating and planning on what the next year will bring and running around like a chicken with your head cut off, and for me it is.

            But honestly, and maybe this comes with the territory of being at a Christian university, it seems like everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE is spending their fourth year getting engaged. Now don't get me wrong - I am genuinely happy for all of my friends who will be tying the knot this year and next!

           In Christian university circuits the 'MRS' degree is an old wives tale of why young Christian women went to a Christian university. Why did they go to university? To find a husband. Now at my school it goes a little something like this:

       First year: Meet your potential spouse and become good friends
       Second year: Start dating your potential spouse
       Third year: Potentially get engaged to your future spouse
       Fourth year: If not engaged yet, get engaged and get married the summer after graduation

Sound familiar?

So tell me, is the 'MRS' degree alive and well?

4 comments:

  1. I didn't fall into the 'MRS' Degree, instead I spent my time at Joy Bridal Camp.


    -- But in all honesty, you my friend have time to meet a guy (if that's what God's plan is for you) and God is doing amazing things with your life without a guy in it right now so enjoy the time of singleness:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Yes! Young JBC Love!
      Thanks for your kind words Bre (& thanks for reading!)

      Delete
  2. All too familiar sounding... lol. Kinda silly that we should feel that pressure, when graduating at the young age of 22-24 without a husband is actually not detrimental. It is so much assumed now that if you don;t find someone now, it will get harder as you get older... who even came up with that!? If God made it so Sara and Abraham could have a baby at a VERY old age, then I am sure He can still find us a husband even when we are in our thirties, forties, fifties, sixties, seventies, even nineties! (If that was His will)
    Thanks for the post :) So glad we can be busy with school together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like that Julia Roberts movie, Mona Lisa Smile

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...