Saturday, April 27, 2013

Fridnship: God's Secret Weapon

Today I was showered with an outpouring of love.
My wonderful friends threw me a surprise tea party for my upcoming birthday.
{Source}

Let me set the scene for you:

          I was home all morning then my sister came over after she was done work. We were plannign to go on a family dinner in celebration of both of our birthdays that are taking place next week. But suddenly she had this unexplained urge to have ice cream, and seeing how the ice cream we had at my house didn't suffice, she wanted to go into town to get some.

Now usually my sister and I are very "Mary-Kate and Ashley", but today she was just plain weird.

         Over the course of about 1/2 hour I found myself driving my sister to get ice cream at a location that was yet to be determined. My bestie Bre (of Meet the Marshalls) was texting me asking me to meet her at her parent's house to pick up a t-shirt she had of mine from 2 years ago (clearly it was a t-shirt I didn't even know I was missing). So somehow my sister and I ended up at her parent's house to pick up this shirt.

         Breanna ushered us inside, and as I walked through her kitchen into the dining room I saw some of my wonderful friends and a lovely tea party spread.

         I am truly and abundently blessed to have such wonderful friends. Friends that love me so much, that they would spend a month planning a tea party (I don't care what you say - that's true love in my books).

“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… 
It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.” - C.S. Lewis

So in the end there was no ice cream.
There was no lost t-shirt.
Ther was not dinner with my family.
But there was a gathering of the people I love the most.

{Breanna, Elisa et Moi, 2010}
"There are 'friends' who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.
- Proverbs 18:24

Faithful friends are a rare treasure. And I have two!

I am a lucky, lucky girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...