Monday, October 07, 2013

9 MORE Things to Get to Know Me Better

Hey Friends!

          Life has been pretty hectic in my neck of the woods! School is pretty much drowning me at the moment, but alas, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and that light has the date of October 23. So until then, I'm hanging in.

        It's been a while since I've blogged over here, and since I have no real time to write anything of substance, I thought I would throw you s'more interesting facts to get to know me better. Part 1 cane be found here.

Here goes.

1. My favourite childhood book is Stephanie's Ponytail by Robert Munsch. It really is the bomb.com (yes, this is the 90s), and in my humble opinion, Robert Munsch can do no wrong! I literally could sit around all day and read children's literature, so maybe it's a good thing I'm going to be a teacher.

{Source}

 2. My favourite non-children's book is Sarah's Key by Tantiana De Rosnay. This book is one of my most treasured books.The story ties together the stories of a little girl named Sarah who lived in Paris in 1942 and a woman named Julia who lives in the year 2002. Many of us have heard of what happened in Europe during the time of WW2, but what is not as known is the Vel' d'Hiv roundup which occurred in Paris at the same time. This is an amazing book; I'd recommend it to everyone, especially those who love reading about WW2 fiction (like me). Sarah's Key is also tied with Still Alice (another spectacular book!).
{Source}

 3. My sister is legit my bestie. We're almost exactly 3 years apart, but it's like we're twinsies. She's the only one who understands me. I can give her a look or say one word and she knows EXACTLY what I mean...it's freaky!

4. I have a severe Netflix addiction. It is through Netflix that I have got to re-live all my favourite 90s sitcoms (like The Nanny) and discover my obsession for Pretty Little Liars.

5. I've mentioned that I love to knit, right? Here's a knitted quilt that I finished this summer. It took me about 7 months to complete but I did it!


6. My Sister and I recently threw my Mother a Murder Mystery Dinner Party for her birthday. Yeah, we're like the best daughters ever. This was probably the most stressful and fun experience ever. My advice to others: buy a murder mystery kit, don't try and write it yourself! Here was my costume; my name was Gwen Woodhaven.


  
7. I am a PANK (Pretend Aunt, No Kids) to beautiful baby girl named Peyton. Her Mommy is my bestie Bre who blogs over at Meet the Marshalls. Isn't she a doll? I love her tremendously.


8. My family has a strange sense of humour. We play this "unofficial" game of hiding a naked toy baby around our house. When someone finds it, they hid it in a new location. It's even gotten to the point where friends and family come and play the game too! The Baby sometimes comes on holidays with us too. Apparently we have nothing better to do.

9. I GRADUATE this upcoming May! This isn't really a fact...but I'm so excited, so I say it as often as I can!


Tell me something interesting about you?

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this post? haha


    But it is all these things that make you so special... I mean come on how often do you meet somebody who knits, reads, and hides naked babies? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...