Monday, August 19, 2013

Never Forsaken.

         I've recently gotten back from spending a week serving at Joy Bible Camp; my home away from home. A couple girlfriends and I went up to be apart of Girl's Camp; a joy I look forward to every single year.

         The girls in attendance were blessed with a remarkable worship team who shared with us God's love for His children. One of the songs particularly struck a chord with me; it is called Not For a Moment (After All).

After all You are constant
After all You are only good
After all You are sovereign
Not for a moment will You forsake me
Not for a moment will You forsake me 

        I think we all tend to feel that at times God has forgotten about us and our needs. Recently I've read a blog post by a friend on her blog In The Clay, she used the passage of Mark 4:35-41 to describe her own struggle with this. At this time Jesus is about to take a boat trip with His disciples. The weather gets bad and His disciples begin to freak out, saying "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?" Don't we love to ask God that question? We're in the middle of our own personal storm and it appears as though God is no where to be found. Doesn't He care? But just like those disciples in the boat, Jesus calms our waters and says to us "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?"

          "...God has said 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you'" (Hebrews 13:5). What a beautiful promise our Lord has made to us. Through the thick of the storm He is carrying us. 

He is constant. He is only good. He is sovereign.


2 comments:

  1. This post, and song, are just what I needed reminder of today as I process Mr. K's recent death.
    Thank you for sharing and I realize that you wrote this a few days back... but I didnt read it till today.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brooke. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am glad to stop by your blog "Living as a Single Gal" and the post on it "Never forsaken". Yes it is so true though at times you feel when you think you are alone but God who is faithful will remain faithful and will be true to His promises. Well I am glad to know your total dependence on the Lord and trusting Him for His future plans for you life. Well I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 33 yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people like you as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short term missions trip during summer vacation to work with us. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with us. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My son is settled in Calgary, Alberta and recently got married. I do keep coming to canada. My email id is:dhwankhjede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...