Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Thank You Jesus!

             So I had this thought come to my the other day: Am I thankful that I'm single? Do I actually tell God thanks for placing me in this state? Probably not. Am I the only one who falls short in this area? And you know why I think I do don't this? - It's because I have this poisonous notion in my head that singleness is bad (don't we all?).

            I think of it like this: You know that awkward holiday turtleneck sweater that you get for Christmas from your great aunt? It's kinda like that. You only say thank you to be polite, knowing full well that it's not your favourite thing in the world and that you'll never actually learn to like it enough to actually wear it. "Thank you Jesus for my singleness." Do you actually like being single, or are you just trying to fake it for Jesus (trust me, that probably won't work)? Yep! That's me! I've been just floating around in my 'singleness bubble' waiting for it to be over ("are we there yet?"), not really accepting this season of my life in which God has placed me.

As soon as I came to this realization, I thought of a saying I heard once:

When you can't muster up any reason to thank God [for your singleness] - maybe that's the time when you need to thank Him the most.

Do you actually like being single, or have you been 'faking it'?

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this... why not be thankful for our singleness... chances are it's not going to last forever... so we should enjoy this season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. Wow that is totally me.. I thank God for putting me 'where I am right now', but am I actually thankful that I am single. Almost everyday I fall into the temptation (and I know this is ridiculous) of thinking öne day closer to the day when God will bless e with that guy"... i know that is a sad way to wish away life and the moments I have right now...
    thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...