Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Are You Thankful?

Hello Friends,

       I just wanted to share a picture with you today. I found this little gem on Pinterest last week, posted it to my Facebook and got incredible feedback from friends, family and even people I haven't spoken to in ages. It's just a little reminder of how fortunate we are to live in this country with many of the rights and freedoms that we often take for granted.

       Now, I've seen my blog stats, and I know that some of you don't come from North America. And I know that the rights and freedoms that we have here in Canada are not the same as yours. We are truly blessed, but it's so easy to disregard them, and even complain about them when we don't know what it's like to be without them. Make sense?

Let's look at a few examples:

1. Democracy - Ever complain about this? I'm sure when asked, most people would have something to say about our Canadian government, and it's probably not positive. But at least we live in a country were democracy is a reality. We don't know what it's like to live in a country with where we do not have a say in our governemnt.

2. Education - Are you in school? Ever complain about having to attend? Compalin about working late on assignments? Here in Canada we have to go to school from kindergarten until we're sixteen. And we think that's a punishment!? Education is a privilege, not a right. We don't know what it's like to live in a country where we are denied education.

We complain because we don't know what it's like to be on the other side.



What are you thankful for?



3 comments:

  1. Amen sister!

    We are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God from whom all blessing flow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What am I thankful for? No husband and no desire to have one

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...