Wednesday, January 02, 2013

a new year, a new adventure

Welcome 2013! 
I sincerely hope all of you had a blessed Christmas and wonderful New Years.
I sure did.

        Christmas was pretty low-key in our household, as usual (but just between you and me, that's how I like it). My sister and brother-in-law camped out at our house for a few days and we got to spend many-a-days having wonderful family fun (and in our house that usually means family game night!!).

       I got to spend some time with my wonderful friends who all traveled home to spend Christmas with their families. Since starting our adventures in the post-secondary world, we have found it very difficult to get-together (as we frequently did in our younger years), so we started having a Christmas party/gift swap a few years ago. This year we had a themed party - "As Seen on TV" - where all the gifts had to be ones sold through infomercials. It was quite fun! Check out some pictures here.

{this has got to be my favourite from our Christmas day}

       This Christmas was also filled with some loss. My family said goodbye to my great-aunt only a few days before Christmas. She was an amazing woman and left an extraordinary legacy behind.

      I have only a couple more days before I return to school for the final semester of my fourth year of university. Scary. Has it been four years already? That's insane. My days have been filled with reading novels (I rejoice in the times where I can read something other than textbooks and study notes) and knitting up a storm.
{some recent projects}

{I love a good knit bow}

{Just a little iPhone cozy}

That's just a little update of my life the last few weeks.
Now to what I really wanted to say.

       Last year I wrote a post entitled Dating Jesus, about my New Year's resolution to spend 2012 devoted to learning more about our Heavenly Father. And what a year it was! God is amazing, and I truly believe that in making my vow to draw closer to Him this year He has enriched my perspective. My learning process was somewhat summed up into a post I published a couple weeks ago, disregarded emails in which I spoke about a few of God's characteristics that He has showed me over and over again this past year. There are countless terms that we can use to learn more about our Father as He is bountiful in attributes. I was looking back at a post I wrote in March 2012 called 3 Month Check-In where I wrote down some more of these traits.

God is patient (2 Peter 3:9). It must be frustrating for Him to watch His creations make mistakes and screw up constantly.  Yet, He sticks with us.

God is enough (2 Corinthians 12:9). Through all the storms and trials we may face, if we cling to the rock that sustains us, He will carry us through. "My grace is sufficient for you"

God is supreme (Colossians 1:17). He holds all things together. Need I say more?

So there it is, a year in review. 

2012 was a year of spiritual growth for me...which makes me wonder...what will 2013 bring?
I can't wait to find out.


Blessings friends,

6 comments:

  1. Hey Brooke,
    I may only be two desks away, but I felt it necessary to respond this way anyway.
    I value your commitment to this blog. Your honesty and intentionality will only produce blessing in your life. That I am convinced of. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Looking forward to all that is coming your way in 2013.
    -K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading K! I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  2. That's def my favourite photo of that day as well !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day! Thanks for reading, friend!

      Delete
  3. I look forward to reading (even while away in Ghana) about where God takes you in 2013 and how He continues to teach and shape you :D
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to hearing about your Ghana adventures!
      I'm gonna miss you so much Amanda, but I know God is gonna make an impact in your life - so I'll get over it :)

      Blessings my friend!

      Delete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...