Saturday, January 26, 2013

Lord, is this Your Will?

      Yesterday the blog Spiritually Single posted something that I think I really needed to hear. The title alone cause me to become intrigued, it was called When God says No to Something that Seems so Right.

Interested? Yeah, so was I.


      Do you ever feel as though something in your life is just perfect? It feels right. It makes you happy. To say the least, it's pretty awesome. But did you ever stop to think about whether or not it's God's will for you?

     Shayla, the wonderful author of Spiritually Single, writes "sometimes we get so caught up on how good something feels that we neglect to simply ask, 'Lord is this your will'. A simple yet powerful question, that can possibly save you years of grief and regret. Something that looks like a set-up can very well be a set-back."

     I'm not saying that we should re-examine all those good things in our lives, but sometimes we can get so wrapped up in ourselves, and maybe the easiest solution may be to turn to our Heaveanly Father for his providence. I think Shayla coupled the perfect verse to this dilemma. We have the advantage of having a Father that has told us time and time again that He's got out backs.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
(Provers 3: 5-6)

       The beauty of this all, is that no matter what, God has promised us that if follow Him, He will steer us in the direction that He has designed for us to go. It may not be the path we sought out for ourselves; it may not be the easist, or the most convenient, but we can trust the path, because God is our troop leader.

2 comments:

  1. as usual this greatly encouraged me :D (just what I need as I am here in Ghana wondering what God's will for me here is)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Sweet friend, I was thinking about you as I was writing this. As I read your posts about your Ghana experience my heart truly soars as I think about the plans that God has for you there.

      Many prayers and blessings being sent your way!
      - B

      Delete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...