Tuesday, January 15, 2013

lead me to the rock

Hello friends, it's been a while.
{Source}
        This past week I started my LAST semester of my undergrad. Oh. My. Stars. I can't believe it, four years have flown by. But can i just say...this past week has slapped me across the face.

It's been tough. 
It's been stressful.

It's caused me to cry.
It's caused me to scream.
It's caused me become more organized.

and above all else,
It's caused me to pray.

        Friday was especially rough for me. Things did not go my way, and when I tried to roll with the punches, it still was not turning out how I planned. Driving to school that afternoon was frustrating to say the least. The whole way there I bawled my eyes out.

Why am I telling you this? Because God placed people in my life that day that blessed me - whether I knew them or not.

      So there I am driving to school and I had to stop to get gas. Still upset and with tears in my eyes I got out of the car to begin filling the gas tank. An older, kind woman, seeing that I was crying, came up to me and asked if I was alright. She was so lovely about it. She did not know me, I did not know her, but she saw a person in pain and chose to show God's love towards me. I may never see this woman again, but I am thankful for her kindness.

   Not that I do this often (and I'm sure no other student out there does this either), but while in class on Friday, I may or may not have been on Facebook -- anyway, a friend of mind posted something that I desperatly NEEDED to hear. She said:

"...When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I..."

       That is exactly what I needed to hear. After reading that I fell to God in paryer, and almost immediatly He settled my heart.

What do you do when you have bad/stressed out days?

1 comment:

  1. hmmmm. <3 Well I send hugs, and I thank God for all the times that He has used YOU to bless or pour into my day. (and congrats on entering your last semester of undergrad):D
    How encouraging to know that even on our roughest days there is Someone who is bigger than all that, whether He shows us that through a friend, or through His word or comfort... praise God that He is always with us :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...