Sunday, April 15, 2012

Characteristics of Future Mate

           I recently read a blog post about how we, as single ladies, should wait for God's best and not lower our standards in hopes of being fulfilled. This caused me to think, what characteristics do I want in a future spouse or significant other? I came up with this list of 5 characteristics that I think are important:

1. Committed to spiritual growth.
2. Think of others above himself.
3. Guard his mind.
4. Have a '1 Corinthians' type love.
5. Desire to be a spiritual leader of our household.

         These are the character qualities that I have diligently been praying that my future husband develops. When you get married, your life becomes a life of service. Service to your husband, and service to your family. Even though I'm not married right now, by praying for my future husband is a way of serving him right now, before I even meet him. A wife should be her husband's #1 prayer warrior, and by starting to pray for him now, it's preparing me for that role in the future. How cool is that? I thought it was a pretty neat idea!

CHALLENGE:
          But now I'm going to turn the tables to you. After you make a list of the characteristics that you desire in a future mate, reflect that back your own life. If these are the qualities that I desire for him to have, I need to make sure that I posses the same qualities in my own life. If I want my significant other to think of others before himself, then I should think of others before myself.....see how that works?

Are you in? 

3 comments:

  1. as usual I love reading your posts. They are always highly relevant and challenging, as well as encouraging.
    It is true that we will (Lord willing) one day be a wife and will have the role of being our husbands #1 prayer warrior.
    Thanks for the challenge, and for the insight that you share about what God is showing you and challenging you with right now.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. King Solomon also spoke about a virtuous man too. Unfortunately, it's not taught or emphasized often.

    He can appreciate constructive criticism. Pro 9:8

    Instruction makes him wiser, and he increases his learning. Pro 9:9

    He listens to counsel. Pro 12:15

    He has wise friends and acquaintances. Proverbs 13:20

    He leaves an inheritance to his children's children. Proverbs 13:22

    He considers his steps. Pro 14:15

    He is cautious and turns away from evil. Pro 14:16

    He walks in integrity. Proverbs 20:7

    He is strong, knowledgeable and increases power. Pro 24:5

    He controls his temper. Pro 29:11

    His words are gracious. Ec 10:12

    His countenance has been softened by wisdom. Ec 8:1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SOOOO much for posting this! I'll have to look into these verses! Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...