Monday, April 02, 2012

"God, What are You Doing?"

            Singleness can often cause us to wonder "God, what are you doing"? Over the last couple of months I have learned some major lessons through my writing about my singleness and my adventure of seeking after the character of Jesus. So anyway, here is just a brief list of the things that God is teaching me in this season of my life:

1. I'm teaching you to TRUST in me.

            God has a master plan for our lives; each and every one of us has a significant purpose. Whether it's God's plan for us to be married or remain single, He has nothing but the best intentions for our lives.

            I've really been challenged by this lately. It's hard to imagine that God my have something planned for my life that isn't in the "picture" of what I planned for myself. But He's really been teaching me to trust that He has this ultimate plan that is far better than anythign I could ever imagine.
[Source]

2. I'm teaching you to KNOW me.

             God has directed my heart to get to know Him better; which has become my resolution for the year. Even though we are only 4 months into the year, I have a big, long chart of all the characteristics that I have discovered about my God. Sometimes we take for granted all the things our God can do - He is beyond anything I have ever experienced, and look forward to learning about Him more as 2012 progresses.


3. I'm teaching you to RELY on me for your needs.

             By taking a critical look at myself and my relationship with Christ I have learned that everything I need, everything I COULD need - He's already given me. He's provided me with all the necessities of life and more.

            God has been teaching me to let go, and let Him take the reigns. If He has anything planned for my life (including getting into a romantic relationship), there is nothing (did you hear me?!)..... NOTHING that I could do that would make it happen faster, or hppen at all. God is in control, and I am learning to pray that no matter what I may want, His will/plan will preveil.

[Source]
"Cast all your anxieties on Him, for He cares for you." 
(1 Peter 5:7)


4. I'm teaching you to become COMPASSIONATE and LOVING towards others in the same situation.

           I have learned so much more about my single state over the last few months.Through writing my own blogs and reading ones that others have written has allowed me to discover all that God has said to people in this stage of their lives.

           I have some wonderful (and unexpected) oppertunities to speak with some people (even people I haven't seen since I was in middle school) about my blog, and the plans that God has for me. He has allowed me to share what He's currently teaching me and have that impact others in the same situation. Amen!


5. I'm teaching you not to rely on what you DON'T have, but what you Do have.

          
           Yes, this one has been a difficult one for me. God has been showing me that I may not have a significant other in my life - but I have so much more. I have a wonderful family, supportive friends, a good job, and a great eduction (just to name a few).


What has God taught you through your singleness? 



5 comments:

  1. I love your heart, Brooke. It's so beautiful, because Christ is there! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am about to write a similar post... watch out :)

    'WHAT GOD HAS TAUGT DURING SINGLENESS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is EXACTLY what is in my heart as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...