Thursday, May 17, 2012

Just Wait Until I Get Married....

        Have you had that thought that "When I'm married, I'll be ____" or "When I'm married, I'll do _____"? Do you think you'll become more spiritual when you get married? More connected with Christ? Read your bible more? Sometimes I catch myself thinking this. Today, I came across this little tidbit from a post by Mars Hill Church's website, and I snapped back into reality.


"Singleness is the perfect time to practice getting to know who you are in Christ so you can bring your very best to a relationship, marriage, and parenthood. Marriage is not an identity. It defines our relationship status, not who we are. We are cherished daughters of the heavenly Father—that is our identity. He loves us and desires a relationship with us. He pursues us to no end. He wants us. No matter how amazing our future husbands will be, Jesus will always love us even more—that’s really amazing. Instead of the ultimate pursuit of dating, let’s strive for the ultimate pursuit: Jesus." (Mars Hill Church)

Any Thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. I think that's great. Its so easy to think that you'll be different when you "finally" meet someone. In reality, we end up being ourselves and bringing all the good and bad with us.

    Also - love the signature at the bottom....gotta figure out how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the site is used for the signature - but there's tons on the internet! http://www.mylivesignature.com/mls_wizard1_1.php

      Delete
  2. I use to catch myself doing that too but I thank God I stopped!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quotation and it is so true. Over the last year God has been showing me how all the various things and people I have placed my security and identity in will always prove incapable of providing fulfillment. Fulfillment and security can and will only come from Him.

    Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...