Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sorry to Burst Your Bubble, but...

           So...sorry to burst your bubble but "marriage doesn't make you happy, it just makes you married" (Marian Jordan). We as single women are bombarded with images and ideals that marriage really is the cure-all. But, if we're waiting on a relationship to make us happy and fix our life problems, we will be sorely disappointed. 




       Live your life now! God is not withholding happiness from you. It's just that we, in our skewed reality, think that happiness comes from finding a significant other and getting married. 

     I have this notion in my head, and I know that it's right. But then, I pass a couple walking hand-in-hand on the street looking so much in love and so very happy, and that idea goes right out the window! And me? Well I'm sitting home on a Saturday night, renting movies and pizza for one. I believe all of these things, but I still feel as though I'm missing out on something....


Have you struggled with this? Please tell me I'm not the only one!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I hear you. I find I'm content enough being single until those moments when I'm the only single person in the room or people don't connect with you because you're not married. I think the thing most single people crave while watching married couples is the community - your best friend right there. Granted, marriage has its own problems but sometimes it seems nicer to tackle the problems with someone else.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...