Thursday, February 09, 2012

Courageous

      Yesterday I went for a little shopping trip with my sister. While at a store I saw the movie Courageous on the shelf. Hearing so many good reviews about the movie, and loving the previous ones that have come out, I decided to buy it. I went home last night and watched it for the very first time. My expectations were blown out of the water. Whatever ever it was that I expected to see, I saw that and more. It made me laugh, cry and feel inspired. Everything a good movie should do.

 
{Check out the official website here}

       Clearly I am not a married woman (what? Is that new information?), but this movie made me think of the characteristics that I would like my future husband to possess. As young women we all have that unofficial "list of qualities" that we want our man to have. We want someone who is kind, funny, smart, loyal, a hard-worker, trustworthy and so on and so forth. But this movie challenged me to think beyond marriage. What are some characteristics that I would want my children to learn from their father? The men in the movie all decide to sign a certificate which states the kind of father and husband they want to be. The words to The Resolution can be found here.


      I want a man who will teach our children to respect authority, pursue justice, act with integrity, to treat others with kindness, respect and compassion, and most importantly, to know and serve our Lord. I want a man who will be the spiritual leader of our household; who is so in love with God that it inspires our family to come closer in our relationship with our Father. I want a man who is courageous.

     This movie has given me a deeper respect for godly men and the role that they take on. But it also shows me that we (both men and women) have such a long way to go to fulfill God's intention for our lives.


Have you seen the movie? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...