Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Single & Sad


Me: Oh. Congrats on getting engaged! I'm so excited for you both!
Girl: Thanks. Don't worry it'll be you're turn soon enough; don't give up hope.
Me: *awkward silence* Um.... thanks?


Does this sound familiar?
Yeah, I've heard it one too many times!

       Have you had a similar conversation? Where you congratulate another person on their relationship/engagement/marriage, and suddenly it turns into a pity party? When we talk relationships with someone who's actually in a relationship, does that make us sound bitter? Desperate? Lonely? Sometimes I feel like people see me like this:

          Hi! I'm Brooke. I am not bitter, desperate, sad, distraught, pessimistic about love, or lonely. I may be without a significant other, but that does not mean I'm any of those things! When I say "I'm happy for you"....I really am (trust me)!!!

         My singleness is only a small facet of my being. I have a wonderful family, many extraordinary and supportive friends, a solid education, a good job, a Heavenly Father who loves me beyond my wildest imaginations...the list goes on and on. I am blessed. Really, I am! I know that God is using this time in my life to mold me into the person that He has intended me to be. It is my prayer that He uses me to help prevail His kingdom. And maybe the best time for Him to use me, is when I'm single (who knows! Only God does!) God has promised us that He will not give us more than we can handle (and I think that includes our singleness as well as storms that come our way)!


So, am I single and sad? Not a chance! But then again, everyday is a struggle to see the "non-bitter" side of singleness.
 
Do you get these types of reactions (or is it just me?) How do you deal with the 'pity party' effect?

 

1 comment:

  1. As always.... your posts are super encouraging. I love your perseverance, yet openness about the struggle

    <3 Love you :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...