Sunday, February 05, 2012

Why does He love ME?


      This is something that I've been thinking about the last few days. Why on earth would God love ME? Me: a person so obviously flawed by sin, corrupted by my own human nature, who at times even pushes Him away. Why would He choose me? I don't deserve it. This makes me think about something I once read called I Am Not a Perfect Christian. It goes like this:

I am not a perfect Christian,
Sometimes I forget to be a servant,
I often want to do things my way,
I can be selfish,
At times I've hid my faith,
I'm impatient in traffic,
And sometimes my language isn't so clean,
I FALL, I FAIL, and I FALTER,
It's really hard for me to love everyone,
But when I stop to think about it,
I remember how AMAZING life truly is,
And through all my imperfections,
GOD STILL LOVES ME !!

        The size and unconditional nature of His love astounds me; I can't comprehend it! He is a God who has all things, and with a snap of His fingers could have perfect servants before Him. And yet, He chooses the lowest of the low; He chose me. In spite of all the stuff that we put God through, He loves us anyway.


       In a world of over 7 billion people, why would He pick me?

I am 1 Person -- out of 7 billion People
On 1 Planet -- out of 8 Planets
In 1 Solar System -- out of 100 billion Solar Systems
In 1 Galaxy -- out of 100 billion Galaxies
And yet, He still calls me significant.

       I don't know if I'll ever be able to comprehend the expanse of God's love for me, but I take great comfort in knowing that He does. "I have loved you with an everlasting love..." (Jeremiah 31:3), "For God so loved the world..." (John 3:16).

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the beautiful reminder that God loves us... wow, so hard to comprehend sometimes.
    Beautiful song too.
    Another one (that was played at the Women's Conference) that is a great reminder is "Beautiful Things"- Gungor

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uumI-PdeZzY

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...