Friday, February 24, 2012

Promises, Promises

           A couple weeks ago I wrote about the movie Courageous (check it out here). Since then, I've watched the movie a few more times, and this scene keeps getting stuck in my head.


          I can't help thinking that this is what God says to us. He wants the absolute best for us; He desires to write our love story if we let Him.

"If you'll trust me with your heart, and allow me to approve any young man that desires to have more than a friendship with you, I promise to take care of you and give you my full blessing."

       God so desperately wants us to trust Him with our hearts. He knows how precious they are, and that they can be easily hurt and be mislead by the world. When I was 16 I made a promise to God. I vowed to save myself for marriage to to let Him guard my heart until He showed me that man that He intended me to be with for the rest of my life. My ring is a token of the promise I made to myself and to God, and it serves as a constant reminder of all the good that He has in store for me.





Who's looking after your heart?

2 comments:

  1. So Dave and I FINALLY watched this Thursday night, and it was AMAZING! Thank you for convincing me to buy it. This scene was so touching to me - I think I cried the entire time. I want to say how much I admire you for this decision that you made many years ago! It's such a grown up decision to make on your own and it will truly be a wonderful gift for your future husband.
    I love you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an amazing young women, and we are so proud of the person you are becoming and you're love for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...