Friday, August 24, 2012

Becoming His Bride

            The video I am sharing with you today is nothing short of amazing. Seriously, I watched it and my mind was blown! I bet many of you could recite the story of the "last supper" that Jesus took part in with his twelve. I bet many of you would also agree that the Church is the bride of Christ.

So what do these two things have in common?
Everything.

           Communion actually has deep Jewish roots. When Jesus hands his disciples the wine and bread and says "This is my covenant to you", He's actually saying much, much more.

Take 5 minutes. Watch the video. 
 (You may be in the position where you can't watch the video right now. That's alright! I thought about you folks!  
Click here for the blog entry written by the same fellow. Same story, no worries)
                           Here is the song "Beloved" by Tenth Avenue North. This song has become a favourite of mine over the last couple of years, and since seeing this video it has made it even that much more special to me. Knowing the history and customs of this covenant make the words of the song even more powerful.
Will you accept His proposal?

5 comments:

  1. Never would have thought about it that way.
    What an intimate God we serve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish more people followed your blog!! IT'S GREAT! love it LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying that - it's very encouraging!
      I love yours as well!
      I'm just glad that YOU'RE following!

      Delete
  3. that is soooooo cool! I love that song, but I never knew the entire background to it, wow. :)
    Thanks for sharing :) (kinda makes me want to get FB again so I can share it lol)
    Thanks for all your encouraging posts and your devotion to the Lord and to seeking His will in your life with patient endurance.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...