Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The One


       Do you believe there is someone for everyone? With over 7 billion people in this world (as of Oct. 2011), I'm sure we all would like to believe it. But is it true? Dating sites have made a living telling people that is someone out there for everyone, and that their soul mate is just a click away. Not that I'm bashing matchmaker sites, but is that just wishful thinking?


      We all secretly want want a big, romantic love story, don't we? We want to believe that there is that one perfect person in the world that God made just for us, someone that we will walk side by side with until our final days; our soul mate.

    Now maybe it's just me, but don't we all just want someone to tell us "we're the one"? To have another person choose you to be with them, and them with you. Now, this clip may seem a bit cheesy, but take a look at what I mean.


        
      
      What do you think about all of this? Do you think there is someone for everyone? How does your faith influence your opinion of soul mates?   I'd LOVE to hear what you think!

PS- check out my friend Bre's blog. She goes along with this idea in her post Fairy Tale Love.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if we have "soul mates" - but I think that God can provide, and there can't be only one person for another person otherwise if someone lost their spouse they couldn't have another special person, which is untrue. I do think only one at a time however. Lol. I'm not sure what I think. There is no giving or receiving in marriage. So I mean, like, that special person should be super special but you aren't going to be able to carry that relationship forward going into Heaven, are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. heehee I should've read my post over before publishing it. I meant to say "There is no giving or receiving of marriage IN HEAVEN" ... I sure hope there's giving/ receiving IN marriage.. otherwise, that just sucks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point Lisa. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...