Sunday, March 04, 2012

Trustworthy.

What does it mean to be trustworthy?
What does it mean to be trusted?
What does it mean to trust?

             I'm gonna get a bit technical with you first off. According to Webster's dictionary trustworthy is: worthy of confidence, dependable. This week I've been thinking about God as being trustworthy. Now, I know what your thinking....that's kindergarten stuff. We all know God is trustworthy.

            But do we really? Do we really believe that?

           Do we live like we know God is trustworthy? When we come to a fork in the road and a decision has to be made, do we give it all to God? Or do we come up with a back-up plan (in case God doesn't come through for us)? Before today, I thought I trusted God with everything. I thought I was able to "walk by faith". Boy, was I wrong. Today I was reminded of the story of Abraham. Abraham was called by God to leave his home and begin his journey towards the Promise Land. This is a place Abraham knew nothing/very little about, but in spite of that, He went. And later through the years, he knew that he would not be able to enter the Promise Land, but he continued on, because he knew it wasn't about getting to the land, it was about trusting in the Lord.
     
          After I heard that I felt as though God had smacked me across the face. I wasn't living as though I knew God had a plan. I wasn't living as though I knew God was trustworthy. Could I honestly say that if God commanded me me to leave everything that I once knew and start walking to place that I didn't know where it was, that I would do it? I would like to think that I would, but would I REALLY? I am reminded of a childhood verse that I learned:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

            Could is really be that simple? Yes and no. We need to rid ourselves of of this attitude that "I know everything" and step out into the unknown. I have to say, as much as this scares me, this is my new challenge; to give it all to God. I know that if I do, nothing but good can come from it; God wants nothing but the best for us, His children.


Faith is not believing that God can, 
it's believing that He will. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...