Thursday, March 22, 2012

Wedding Ideals

Every little girl dreams of her wedding day.
Every big girl has her wedding already planned out (whether it be in her mind or Pinterest).
And I am no exception.
[source]
          I have a "One Day." board on my Pinterest account (as many others do), and I have a document on my computer where I save things for my potential, future, one day wedding. On the practical side of my brain I'm thinking "if I ever get married, I already have the types of things that I like all in one spot; easily assessable." But on the other side, aka the side that is fully conscience to the fact that I am not engaged, dating, or even close to either of those, is thinking "what the heck are you doing"?

           I was looking at my wedding Pintrest board today, and the lighbulb came on: what if it never happens for me? I'm not saying this to sound pathetic or whiny, but seriously, what if this never happens for me? People can say "Oh, you're young, you have your whole life ahead of you." Yes, it's true, I do. But, they don't know...maybe I will get married one day, but on the other hand, maybe I won't. You have your whole life (or the beginning of the rest of your life) planned out, but what if it never happens? Ladies, do we have it all wrong?

          But the thing that really gets me is: Will I still be happy if this never happens for me? I think I have some more soul searching to do on this, but I'm interested to hear what you guys think about this.

          I know that God tells us that we need to be content in whatever life circumstances He puts us in, but knowing that and putting it into practice is two entirely different things. I can know it in my head "this is what God wants/tells me to do... ", but actually integrating it into my life is where is gets a bit tricky.


What do you think about all of this?
Am I being over-dramatic, or just realistic?

4 comments:

  1. I have thought about that before - what if I don't meet "the one" and I never get married! Everyone says the same thing, don't worry it will happen if it something you really want I am sure it in God's plan. I datdream and plan on pintrest etc. I have been do so for years - I am afraid I will be disappointed if it doesnt happen. I am glad I am not the only single girl who feels the same way. I Pray that GOd will give me a conten heart with what every he has in store for my life :) Thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm.... thought provoking post yet again... I think we all secretly think this through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think everyone has that moment when they look at all this stuff they have planned and wonder if this might not ever happen to you. I do this same thinking now with the wonder of having children. As you know, I am officially 'baby crazy,' and sometimes I feel like I have it all figured out - until I realize that there is a possibility that having children might not be in the cards for me - maybe it's not God's plan. What you are wondering is completely normal (this coming from a girl who planned her elementary school bridal party, wedding and reception and then actually got married on the playground) FUN TIMES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do that too! And I'm only 17! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...