Monday, March 26, 2012

A Woman of Character

            What does it mean to be a woman of character? If we're looking from a Proverbs 31 point of view it means to be dignified, virtuous and noble. I found this little picture online, and I thought I would share it with you all....

      
             These are all words that we know, but do we really KNOW them. What does it mean to be dignified? Virtuous? Noble? Well, thanks to dictionary.com we can get a better idea.

             Dignified: bearing, conduct, or speech indicative of self-respect
             Virtuous: moral excellence; goodness; righteousness
             Noble: of exalted moral or mental character or excellence


             Feeling inferior? I know I sure am. This has really gotten me to think: What do I want people to think of me? What do I want to think about me? What do I want God to think of me?

             When I look back on my life I don't want to say "I was good enough." I want to be able to say "I did everything I could to become the woman that God wanted me to be." Why would I want to be 'good enough' when I was designed to be exemplary?

  
               Proverbs 31 (starting at verse 10) describes the charactersitics of a woman who is pleasing to God. She is rare, and is worth more than rubies. She has a servant's heart and is well-respected by her family. She is a hard-worker, charitable and speaks with wisdom. I yearn to be a Proverbs 31 woman. It is my prayer that God continues to mold me into the woman He designed me to be; a woman of character.

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." (Proverbs 31:30) 

1 comment:

  1. I would MUCH rather be known as a Proverbs 31 woman than a Victoria's Secret model... but I know sometimes that we focus on wanting to be seen outwardly as beautiful, and forget that the character is the most important part.
    It is so great to know that God is making me into that Proverbs 31 woman :D

    Thanks again for sharing this... great reminder and encouragement

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends!
Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment so I know you were here! And remember, please keep all posts free from abusive or foul language.

Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...